Though much slimmer than he once was, Bibendum-- a.ka. The Michelin Man-- is big enough to conceal secrets when he chooses.
Then again good old Bib (he is 110 years old!) is such a creature of public relations it should shock no one that he has graciously stepped aside long enough to let FleetOwner give you a sneak peak at the new tire his bosses at Michelin will fully reveal next week at the Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) meeting in Orlando.
The new tire is the XZE2, the next generation of the XZE, which Michelin calls its best-selling truck tire.
Michelin tells us the new XE2 is a case of "the best just got better."
According to Michelin, the XZE2 tire outperforms its XZE predecessor in a number of ways:
1) Significantly longer wear for additional miles with no performance compromise
2) Casing and siping designs that decrease irregular wear
3) Wider tread footprint for more stability
4) Tread rubber compound that was previously only available in LRH tires
5) Decrease in rolling resistance for better fuel economy.
The XZE2 will be offered starting March 1st in sizes 11R22.5, 275/80R22.5 and 11R24.5.
A 275/80R24.5 size will become available in April.
You can see the XZE2 in Orlando at Michelin's booth (#1026) during TMC, which runs from Feb. 4-6, or just keep checking the FleetOwner website-- updated daily!-- to read a report on the tire as well as all the product and industry news reported from the show by FleetOwner editors on site.
Bib likes to keep a firm grip on things