Bridgestone Commercial Solutions (BCS) has expanded the dealer network training programs in its BCS Learning Center. Courses are now available in e-learning, mobile learning, performance-based, active instructor-based and mentor options.
“Studies show that adult learners must practice, perform and receive feedback on skills in order to most successfully apply knowledge and translate that knowledge to abilities,” said Monica Griggs, manager, BCS Training. “Our dealer network training programs support self-paced learning. Instruction can be viewed in small increments which learners can then reinforce through dialogue and practice with BCS representatives. Additionally, we offer one-on-one coaching sessions with BCS staff to strengthen skill sets and bolster success of our dealer network.”
The company said its dealer network training programs are flexible, scalable and timely. Course options include:
- E-learning – course time is 30 minutes or less
- Mobile learning – viewable on computer, iPad and mobile devices, and course time is five (5) minutes or less; perfect for refreshing knowledge before a presentation or meeting
- Instructor-based learning – courses are hands-on at BCS training facilities, and focus on sales (truck and off-the-road), master retread certifications and advanced tire analysis.
BCS offers the following new programs to its dealer network free of charge:
- Commercial Sales Representative (CSR) New Hire Process – Bridgestone Commercial Sales Managers partner with new CSR employees to share their expertise in the tire industry. Managers mentor employees to ensure they get the best knowledge and expertise available to onboard them more quickly and build confidence
- CSR Sales Certification Program – designed for sales professionals who have at least one year of experience, the program focuses on increasing sales force competencies and leveraging BCS knowledge, skills, and abilities to increase bench strength for dealers
- Bandag Retread New Hire and Cross Train Program – designed for retread shop managers and employees to share best practices in the retread process through hands-on experiences. Completely scalable and flexible, the program was created to support production, requiring very little time off of the floor. This program focuses on quality output with the end result of exceeding fleet customer expectations