The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has enhanced three of its tire lines to reduce rolling resistance as well as improve miles to removal.
The G399 LHS Fuel Max, the G572 LHD Fuel Max, and the G392 SSD with DuraSeal + Fuel Max wide-base tire are all SmartWay-verified. The enhanced tires will launch during the second quarter of 2013. Each uses Goodyear’s exclusive Fuel Max Technology, which contains fuel-saving compounds and advanced design technology to help reduce rolling resistance and improve tread life.
“When it comes to helping fleets reduce their total cost of ownership, Goodyear is in it for the long haul,” said Brian Buckham, marketing manager, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems. “These enhanced tires will help fleets lower their fuel bills, while still delivering long miles to removal. Both of these factors help reduce the fleet’s cost per mile.
The G399 LHS Fuel Max offers the following features:
- Innovative, fuel-saving Goodyear Fuel Max Technology compounds that lower rolling resistance and help enhance fuel economy.
- An outside tread shoulder compound that helps protect the tire’s pressure distribution groove, which promotes even wear.
- Four-belt construction, which helps enhance toughness and tire life.
The tire will be available in the following sizes: 11R22.5, 295/75R22.5, 11R24.5 and 285/75R24.5, each in both G and H Load Ratings.
The G572 LHD Fuel Max features include:
- Goodyear’s Tredlock Technology, which contains interlocking microgrooves that help stabilize the tread for enhanced tread life and toughness.
- A deep, 30/32-inch tread depth to help enhance tread life.
“The G572 LHD Fuel Max will be available in 295/75R22.5, 285/75R24.5, 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 sizes, all in Load Range G. Sizes 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 also will be available in Load Range H.”
The G392 SSD DuraSeal + Fuel Max wide-base tire contains both Goodyear’s exclusive fuel-saving Fuel Max Technology and DuraSeal Technology, a gel-like substance built into the tire’s inner liner that instantly seals nail-hole punctures of up to ¼-inch in diameter in the repairable area of its tread.
The tire will be available in size 445/50R22.5 Load Range L.