The original Aisin 6-spd. transmission saw torque converter lockup clutch failures, according to Jasper, which said it is using an improved clutch material that will resist burning and fatigue failure. The formulation of the material used in the lockup clutch seals is also improved to reduce fatigue due to extreme heat, Jasper added.
The company said that every Jasper remanufactured transmission is subjected to a strict, high-quality process that includes:
- Disassembly, meticulous inspection and cleaning of components.
- All new and remanufactured parts are carefully inspected for correct tolerances to assure dependability.
- Jasper’s research and product development ensures inherent problems in OEM design are corrected.
- Dynamometer testing of domestic automatic transmissions simulates in-vehicle operation to assure trouble-free product results.
- An available premium service plan that offers customers even greater value.