Meritor is changing the naming process to its braking products to help customers more easily identify the products. Also, enhancements to the two products will improve their total cost of ownership, Meritor said.
As part of a new naming structure, Meritor drum brakes that had been branded QPlus are now Q+; and air disc brakes are renamed from EX225 to EX+.
Enhancements to Q+ drum brakes include:
- Increased availability at multiple OEM customers
- Upgraded performance and lining life for reduced stopping distance
- Increased product familiarity among technicians to improve service ease
EX+ air disc brake improvements include:
- Unsurpassed braking performance that results in shorter stopping distances, straight line stopping and fade resistance
- Enhanced twin piston design
- Improved redundant sealing at each potential ingress path
- Enhanced robust adjuster proven in the most severe vocations
- Total cost of ownership and return on investment benefits for severe duty applications
“We customize braking systems for each customer, and our DriveForce team works with them to determine the optimal solution for their application” said Chad Mitts, general manager, North America, Brakes and Drivelines. “By renaming these brakes, our customers can quickly identify our products. The enhancements provide customers with superior brake performance and improved total cost of ownership.”