The “I-96 shooter,” a man suspected in two dozen random shootings on and around I-96 in Michigan in October was charged last week with terrorism and assault with intent to murder, according to the state attorney general’s office.

Raulie Casteel, 43, of Wixom, MI was arrested on Nov. 5, accused of shooting at other vehicles in a four-county area in southeastern Michigan, mostly on or near Interstate 96. One person was injured in the shootings.

“These were acts of domestic terrorism against Michigan citizens and we are charging them as such,” said Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette of the case.

Casteel also faces felony firearms charges. The terrorism charge, based on 21 attacks committed in mid-October, is punishable by life in prison, according to a Reuters report.

The attorney general’s office determined a terrorism charge was appropriate because Casteel terrified the public with multiple acts of violence, a spokeswoman said.