The Kane Co. has made what it calls a “major restructuring” of its executive staff, effective Jan. 1, 2013. According to John M. Kane, chairman & CEO, the changes were necessitated by the growth of office-related services offered by the company and the need to consolidate and streamline decision-making responsibilities.
“There was a need to restructure and streamline for clearer lines of communication within the Kane Co. as well as between our company and our clients. The changes have allowed us to increase emphasis on specific lines of service including our newly introduced business units,” said Kane.
The staff changes include:
- Ron Meliker (currently executive vice president & COO) will become president of The Kane Co.
- James H. Durfee (currently senior vice president and general manager for Office Archives, LLC; Office Shredding, LLC; and eCyclers, LLC) will become president of all three entities. In addition, he will continue to be responsible for Kane Marketing and Kane Business Development.
- Gary Corbett (currently vice president and general manager for Office Movers, Inc.’s Springfield, VA office) will become the president of Office Movers, Inc.
- Ron Granville (currently vice president and general manager for Kane 3PL Third-Party Logistics, which includes Kane Hospitality, LLC, Kane Distribution, LLC and Kane Freight Management, LLC) will become president of Kane 3PL.
- Tim Raver (formerly vice president and general manager for Sterling Moving & Storage) has joined the Kane Company as general manager of Kane Home Moving & Storage, LLC.
In addition to the executive staff changes, Kane has bundled three related business units: Office Shredding, LLC, Office Archives, LLC and eCyclers, LLC under the name Kane Information Security.
The Kane Co. has 10 subsidiaries and over 1,200 employees, including Office Movers, Inc.; Office Installers, Inc.; Kane Government Services; Office Archives, LLC; Office Shredding, LLC; eCyclers, LLC; Kane3PL, LLC; Kane Home Moving & Storage, LLC; Kane Hospitality, LLC; and Kane Distribution, LLC.