“The Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas is the indispensable in-cab routing reference tool for commercial drivers,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO. “Not only does the atlas feature maps with truck routes but other critical information necessary for professional drivers to do their jobs. Also of assistance to drivers, the atlas pages and content is cross-referenced in our award-winning IntelliRoute TND truck-specific GPS devices.”
The 2015 edition has been updated with new routes and critical state safety information, and cross-referenced to Rand McNally’s IntelliRoute TND devices. The new edition includes content specifically tailored to the needs of the commercial truck driver.
Among the updates are:
- Revised state and province maps, including updated mileages in the state mileage guides;
- Updated highways showing the latest truck roadways as designated by the Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA), also known as “designated” highways;
- Coverage of Hazardous Materials Regulations;
- A 22-page mileage directory with more than 40,000 truck-route-specific, city-to-city mileages;
- Fully updated state and province charts including more than 500 changes to truck-specific state contacts – such as operating authority contacts, emergency police, and vehicle registration.
The 2015 edition year also marks the return of the Large Scale Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas to wide-scale distribution in travel centers. This version of the atlas features maps that are 37% larger than those in the regular Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas; anti-glare, tear and water resistant pages; and a tough spiral binding for stay-flat pages.
The Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas is available in paperback format, in a spiral-bound, laminated Deluxe version, as well as the Large Scale edition.