Here’s a look at what is happening around the world of transportation today.
- The Idaho Statesman reports on a North Dakota oil field trucking firm’s effort to get an overtime pay lawsuit dismissed.
- A Massachusetts trucking firm is slapped with a $3,000 hazmat fine, reports the GazetteNET.
- Earnings are trending up for big publicly traded motor carriers, according to analysis by the Journal of Commerce.
- An article in The Epoch Times discusses the challenges faced by “road freight operations” all across the world.
- Furniture Today reports on the opening of a new logistics center in Dallas, TX.
- TheStreet.com posts a list of the best blogs by founder and former hedge fund manager Jim Cramer – one of which examines why freight traffic provides one of the best bellwethers for U.S. economic activity.
- Could tax-sharing reduce air pollution? A new report highlighted by U.S. News & World Report thinks so.
- Ride-sharing service Uber gets slapped down by the courts in Germany, according to Fox News.