Flooding has impacted several Iowa roadways, leading to temporary road closings in many parts of the state. The Iowa Dept. of Transportation (DOT) has set up a customer service phone line, at 866-452-8510, for travelers who are navigating state roadways. The line will be in operation from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily until further notice, Iowa DOT said.
As of 6 a.m. this morning, a number of Interstate exit and entrance ramps remained closed. They are:
- All exit and entrance ramps are closed at the McPaul interchange (exit 20) in Fremont County.
- Flood waters are over Dubuque Street south of this interchange in Iowa City. The southbound exit from I-80 is closed.
- The southbound I-380 exit ramp (#21) to H Avenue has been closed due to flooding.
- The northbound I-380 entrance ramp (#19A) to 1st Avenue West and the southbound I-380 exit ramp (#19B) have been closed due to flood waters over 1st Avenue West in downtown Cedar Rapids. I-380 remains open.
- The northbound I-380 exit ramp (#19C) to 1st Street West and the southbound I-380 exit ramp (#20A) to 1st Street East have been closed due to flood in downtown Cedar Rapids.
- The northbound I-380 exit ramp (#19A) to Diagonal Drive has been closed due to flooding.
More up-to-date information can be found at the DOT news website or by calling the customer service line.