Chrysler Group LLC today announced it will immediately begin shipping the all-new 2011 Ram Chassis Cab truck to its North American commercial vehicle dealers. The first Chassis Cabs will start arriving in dealerships late this month.
"With Ram Chassis Cabs on their way to dealerships from our Saltillo [Mexico] Assembly Plant, Ram Truck customers now have a full line of vehicles available to meet their needs," said Scott Garberding, head of manufacturing for Chrysler Group.
Chrysler noted that the 2011 Ram Chassis Cab features:
- Best-in-class standard horsepower and torque: Ram 3500 Chassis Cab equipped with HEMI® (383 hp, 400 lb.-ft. of torque)
- Best-in-class brake life provided by the largest brakes in the segment
- Best-in-class standard GVWR (19,500 lbs on Ram 5500)
- Best-in-class powertrain warranty: 5 years/100,000 miles
- Class-exclusive manual transmission
The Saltillo Assembly Plant produces Ram 2500 and 3500 heavy-duty pickup trucks as well as 3500, 4500 and 5500 Ram Chassis Cab trucks.