The Natural Gas Vehicle Institute (NGVi) is offering a three-day training course for technicians that perform heavy-duty vehicle maintenance and diagnostics. The course is set for Oct. 14-16, 2014, in Nashville, TN.
Technicians will learn about the operation, maintenance, diagnosis and repair of heavy-duty natural gas vehicles and cover all natural gas heavy-duty manufacturers’ systems, including CNG and LNG, with major emphasis on Cummins ISL G-equipped vehicles.
The course is designed for technicians with at least basic skills in vehicle repair. It includes operational theory with hands-on exercises, use of DMMs, scan tools and other diagnostic equipment, and prepares technicians for the ASE H1 exam.
Among the topic areas covered are:
- Natural Gas Fuel Properties
- Safety, Work Practices and Facilities
- NGV Low- and High-Pressure Maintenance and Repair Procedures
- NGV Engine Operational Theory and Maintenance Procedures
- NGV Engine Operational Theory – Dedicated
- Liquefied Natural Gas Systems
Course objectives are available by clicking here. To learn more about defueling safety and procedures, register for the Heavy-Duty NGV Maintenance and Diagnostics Training.