NGVAmerica recognized this year’s winners of the 2013 NGV Achievement Award at an awards ceremony held Nov. 20 as part of the 2013 North American NGV Conference and Expo.
The awards ceremony followed a gala and reception dinner at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta.
The NGV Achievement Award recognizes national innovators and early adopters for their outstanding leadership, vision and innovation to advanceas a vehicular fuel, the organization said. Every year, NGVAmerica members submit nominations recognizing their customers, partners and industry advocates for their contributions to growing the NGV industry. Award winners are then selected by NGVAmerica staff after a thorough review of members' submissions.
The recipients of the 2013 NGV Achievement Award:
- Casella Waste Systems, Inc., Rutland, VT - NGV Advocacy & Fleet Implementation Program
- Central Freight Lines, Inc., Waco, TX - Natural Gas Fleet Deployment Program
- Dillon Transport, Inc., Burr Ridge, IL - Natural Gas Fleet Program
- Drive Natural Gas, Washington, DC – “Add Natural Gas” Vehicle Demonstration Program
- Fair Oaks Farms, Fair Oaks, IN - Renewable Natural Gas - Compressed Natural Gas Fleet & Station Program
- Richard R. Kolodziej, President of NGVAmerica, Washington, DC - Lifetime Achievement Award
- Monarch Beverage Company, Indianapolis, IN - NGV Fleet & Station Program
- Ozinga Ready Mix Concrete, Inc., Mokena, IL - NGV Fleet & Station Program
- Smith Dairy, Orville, OH - NGV Advocacy & Fleet-Station Implementation Program
- Mike Scarpino/Regional Manager, DOE Clean Cities Coalition - Outstanding NGV Advocate-Ally
- United Parcel Service of America, Atlanta, GA - 25 Years of Exemplary NGV Industry Leadership
The awards were presented by NGVAmerica President Richard Kolodziej and Clean Vehicle Education Foundation (CVEF) President Doug Horne, P.E.
“The NGV Achievement Award provides an important opportunity to recognize the contributions and accomplishments of our industry's leaders,” said Kolodziej. “Their vision and hard work is growing the NGV industry and is helping others to realize the economic and environmental benefits of using natural gas as a vehicular fuel.”