A new series of videos is being released by the Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) to highlight the success fleets are having with propane autogas.
The Straight Talk videos feature stories from five fleet managers at public and private organizations that use propane autogas in significant portions of their fleets. Participants include DIRECTV, Mesa Public Schools, ThyssenKrupp Elevator, AAustin Express Inc., and Prince George’s County, Md.
The series will be released online beginning Jan. 22 on propanestraighttalk.com.
“We find that the best business case for propane autogas is made by professionals discussing their experiences converting and using the fuel every day,” said Michael Taylor, director of propane autogas for PERC. “This series gives fleet managers a candid look at how propane autogas performs for fleets in any business stage across operations.”
Each week, one new video will be released leading up the NTEA Green Truck Summit and Work Truck Show, March 4-7.
The videos were shot during the Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo in Washington, DC, and document topics PERC identifies as important to fleets considering a switch to alternative fuels: return on initial investment, ease of installation, and access to affordable refueling infrastructure.
Scheduled release dates for the videos are:
- Jan. 22: Introductory video highlighting topics covered throughout the series.
- Jan. 29: Interview with Ron Latko, director of transportation and fleet management, Mesa, Ariz., Public Schools.
- Feb. 5: Interview with Tom Armstrong, fleet manager, ThyssenKrupp Elevator.
- Feb. 12: Interview with Rick Hilmer, fleet manager, Prince George’s County, Md.
- Feb.19: Interview with Adam McCloe, VP operations, AAustin Express Inc. & GM Freight, Inc.
- Feb. 26: Interview with Brandon Morris, director of fleet services, DIRECTV.