Caltrans is advising drivers of construction projects set to occur on highways in Lake County, CA, this week that could result in traffic delays. The work on several sections of Highway 53 and Highway 20 include:
- Emergency guardrail repairs on Highway 20 from the Highway 53 intersection to New Long Valley Rd. will be ongoing from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Traffic will be restricted to one lane in each direction of travel. Drivers can expect minor traffic slowdowns, according to a report in the Lake Country Record-Bee.
- Highway widening and rehabilitation on Highway 53 from 40th Ave, to the Highway 20 junction will occur weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. One-way traffic control will be in effect and drivers should anticipate 10-minute delays.
- Pavement repairs on Highway 53 from Wilson St. to 40th Ave. will occur nightly from 4 p.m. to 7 a.m. through Friday morning. One-way traffic control will be in effect. Anticipate five-minute delays. Daytime work hours are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays. A shoulder closure will be in effect. Motorists should drive cautiously through the area and may expect minor traffic slowdowns.
- Pavement striping on Highway 20 from Red Hill Ln. to Stokes Crt. Work hours are 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. weekdays. One-way traffic control will be in effect. Anticipate 10-minute delays.
- PG&E will conduct utility work on Highway 20 near Keyes Blvd. from 10 a.m. Wednesday to 4 a.m. Thursday. One-way traffic control will be in effect. Anticipate five-minute delays.