BigRoad, creator of transportation apps, is releasing its HOS logging solution on an iPhone platform. The app is currently available on Android.
“In 2012, it was reported that 76% of fleet managers in the transportation industry rely on smartphones, and 64% of those managers indicated nearly all of their drivers were carrying smartphones,” said Kelly Frey, CEO. “BigRoad's entire mission is to make life on the road easy and simple, and part of that strategy includes universal access to our app across all device platforms. We have a huge amount of pent up demand for our app on the Apple platform. Hundreds of fleets and thousands of drivers have been eagerly awaiting this release, and since going live on the App Store we have already witnessed thousands of downloads. We're incredibly excited to extend our popular app to the iPhone and iPad.”
BigRoad is free to drivers and includes:
- Electronic logs (EL) including the driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIR) for pre- and post trip inspections.
- Both Canada’s Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and the United States’ Dept. of Transportation (DOT) regulated rule sets.
- A specific view mode to streamline roadside inspections.
- Location, photo and document sharing.
- An application bar offering one click access to the most used applications in the Android Play Store by truckers.
BigRoad's complementary solution for owner/operators and fleets, available for just $15 per vehicle, includes the following features:
- Fleet optimization account accessible through any computer with specific logins for fleets.
- Live truck tracking and drivers’ HOS reports and statistics.
- Fleet support including cloud based storage of logs and reports.
- A fleet messaging service and document sharing with easy to access 'Send to Dispatch' sharing.
- State mile reporting in support of IFTA filings.
BigRoad’s app for Android is available free for download directly from Google Play using the following link: http://bit.ly/GPlayStore. Users can download the iPhone version of the driver app using the following link: http://bit.ly/19ktOeS.