The new software release includes:
- Updated postal codes for Canadian provinces and territories and includes 6,768 new postal codes associated with 669 unique community names. An additional 291 communities have lost postal codes and have been adjusted.
- New postal codes for Mexico, representing an increase of 23% new codes since the last update.
- Updated ZIP and Standard Point Location Codes (SPLC).
- Toll costs for the U.S. and Canada, including updated ferry costs, and toll road costs such as the Dulles Toll Road and Greenway in Virginia.
- Overhauled rest areas, weigh stations, service areas, and welcome centers, representing 95 new points added, and 25 closed facilities were removed, across the U.S. and Canada.
MileMaker, launched in 1982, is the only commercially available routing and mileage solution that features both of the trucking industry’s standard mileage and routing types: Household Goods (HHG) and Practical, Rand McNally said.
With IntelliRoute, users are offered a broad set of routing options that include optimized, multi-stop address to address routing, hazardous materials routing and lowest cost routing that optimizes usage of toll roads.
To ensure clients achieve a strong ROI across all of their transportation management systems, Rand McNally has integrated MileMaker and IntelliRoute with more than 100 third party applications.
The software updates are available for Mainframe, AS/400, Unix and PC-based platforms of MileMaker and IntelliRoute. The next update/release is scheduled for Q1 2013.