Remote asset tracking and information management solution provider SkyBitz has launched a new trailer tracking subscription service.
SkyBitz as a Service (SBS) offers SkyBitz customers the opportunity to use the company’s asset management solutions without an upfront capital investment. (SBS) is a monthly subscription service that is designed to provide customers comprehensive trailer and asset information management and historical trends analytics.
“With growing demand for capacity, fleets cannot afford to wait for vital information. SkyBitz as a Service allows our customers to move quickly and realize the immediate benefits in-transit visibility provides,” said Henry Popplewell, senior vice president and general manager, SkyBitz. “SkyBitz as a Service represents a major paradigm shift in the transportation and logistics industry—where traditionally technology products and services are sold with upfront capital expense for the hardware and monthly service fee. By eliminating the upfront investment requirement, the SBS platform removes the barrier to entry for asset management purchases and provides a quicker ROI.”
The service offer location monitoring to help fleets achieve reduced trailer-to-tractor ratios, faster turn times, improved dispatching, proof-of-delivery, accurate detention billing and enhanced security.
SkyBitz owns the asset tags and provides the following benefits:
- SkyBitz InSight web application;
- SkyBitz InSight Trends historic trends and performance analytics;
- Transportation Management System (TMS) integrations and XML feeds;
- Proactive battery monitoring and free replacements;
- Road hazard protection and expedited hardware replacements to minimize downtime;
- Protection from technology obsolescence; and,
- Multiple sensors and data via SmartTrailer package option.