Cincinnati. XRS introduced a new addition to its mobile fleet optimization solution here at the National Private Truck Council 2014 Annual Education Management Council and Exhibition this week. Called “TRP,” the new service is designed to help fleets manage the productivity and efficiency of their equipment and drivers within a single, comprehensive application, monitoring trips and routes with “planned vs. actual” reporting and real-time insight.
Fleets can view deviation from a planned route and project up-to-the-minute ETAs (estimated arrival times) as drivers progress through a trip. At the same time, drivers can access a route plan through their smartphone, tablet, or rugged handheld-- quickly and easily seeing their stops and activities as they progress through the day.
Additional functionality for TRP includes:
- The ability to import routes from leading third-party routing providers
- A driver application that leverages smartphones, tablets and rugged handhelds
- Trip progression monitoring, used to understand if a driver is behind or ahead in their route
- FleetView, which gives fleet managers one location to view drivers, routes and stops, while providing data to reduce out-of-route miles and gain insight into site activities
- The ability for a planner to quickly add static routes
- Data extraction tools
- Improved exception reporting
“As a leading provider to more than 70 percent of the top food distribution companies in North America, we understand customer service and on-time delivery is paramount,” said Jon Van Winkle, XRS vice president of product management. “We built TRP to give fleets the data they need to enhance driver productivity, maximize asset utilization, slash costs and deliver when expected.”