Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems announced that three of its truck tire retread products have achieved verification under the SmartWay Transport Partnership program.
The retreads, the G316 AT Fuel Max, the G572 LHD Fuel Max and the G305 ATS Fuel Max provide low rolling resistance among other benefits, the company said. The EPA established low rolling resistance requirements for retreaded truck tires this year, requiring a fuel consumption reduction of at least 3% to be verified as low rolling resistance retreaded tires.
“Use of Goodyear’s SmartWay-verified G316 AT Fuel Max, G572 LHD Fuel Max and G305 ATS Fuel Max retreaded tires will provide multiple benefits to fleets and owner-operators,” said Brian Buckham, brand manager, line haul and mixed service, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems.
Features of the G316 AT Fuel Max include:
- A cool-running compound designed to help deliver low rolling resistance;
- Two wide circumferential grooves and lateral grooves to help deliver all-season performance on wet, snowy or dry roads;
- A solid shoulder rib to help minimize shoulder wear for many miles to removal, and more.
The G316 AT Fuel Max is available as a precure retread in 8-, 8.5-, 8.75-, and 9-in. tread widths. It also is available as a Goodyear UniCircle product in the following sizes – 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5 and 285/75R24.5 – in both 8.5- and 9-in. widths.
Features of the G572 LHD Fuel Max include:
- Fuel-saving compounds to help promote energy efficiency;
- Deep 26/32-in. tread depth for enhanced wearable rubber to help promote more miles to removal;
- Goodyear’s Tredlock Technology, which contains interlocking microgrooves that help stabilize the tread for long wear and enhanced toughness;
- Circumferential and lateral grooves to help provide all-season traction;
- An extra-wide tread that helps provide enhanced handling.
The G572 LHD Fuel Max is available as a precure product in 8.5-, 8.875-, and 9.25-in. tread widths. UniCircle fitments also will be available soon, Goodyear said.
The G305 ATS Fuel Max has the following features:
- A staggered tread block design to help promote energy efficiency;
- A closed-shoulder design to help promote uniform wear throughout the retread’s life;
- Large, stable blocks to help enhance fuel efficiency and even wear;
- Circumferential and lateral grooves to help deliver all-season traction.
The G305 ATS Fuel Max is available as a precure retread in 8.5-, 8.75-, and 9-in. tread widths. UniCircle fitments also will be available soon.