Snap-on has introduced a new heavy-duty diagnostics system to assist technicians in troubleshooting vehicles. The Pro-Link Ultra covers commercial vehicles from light diesels to Class 8 heavy-duty trucks.
Pro-Link Ultra offers licensed and tested, OEM-proprietary coverage for major systems such as engines, transmissions, ABS, instrument cluster, emissions, SCR, body controls and more, Snap-on said. Its coverage range includes systems used by the major OEMs including , International, , , Paccar, and .
Pro-Link Ultra provides essential maintenance functions that let technicians read and clear fault codes, monitor vehicle and driver performance with trip data, create health reports and view live system data. It also includes powerful repair functions such as live data graphing for finding tough problems, special tests to verify component failures, and the ability to program replacement components and perform custom ECU programming.
The screen is readable in any lighting condition.
Other features of the tool include:
- Shared user interface for all makes, with no learning curve
- Big 8 ½-inch color display automatically adjusts for indoor and outdoor use
- Touch-screen operation for fast navigation
- Capture/playback live data recordings, especially convenient for road tests
- Rugged 16GB solid state drive to store data and software upgrades
- HDMI port to connect to external monitor
- SD card slot to store and share test results
- WiFi and Ethernet port for networking and internet access
- USB port for a memory stick, keyboard, printer and other accessories
“With Pro-Link Ultra, technicians have the ability to read and diagnose virtually any truck that pulls into their shop without having to jump from system to system and without spending time online or on the phone with multiple OEMs to find the information they need to get the job done,” said Tom Kotenko, general manager, Snap-on Business Solutions. “Pro-Link Ultra delivers the broadest coverage ever offered in a handheld diagnostic tool.”