The 2018 Isuzu FTR (see below for views from the truck's launch back in March).
Isuzu Commercial Truck of America highlighted key specifications of its all-new Class 6 medium-duty truck, the 2018 Isuzu FTR, following a series of “whistle stops” at several dealerships the OEM made while taking the vehicle on a nationwide tour over the last two weeks.
Some of the specs being announced for the dock-height 2018 Isuzu FTR include:
• A 25,950 pounds gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR).
• Eight wheelbase lengths ranging from 152 to 248 inches, accommodating bodies from 14 to 30 feet long.
• The 2018 FTR will come standard with an Isuzu 5.2-liter 4HK1-TC engine that generates 215 hp and 520 lbs.-ft. of torque, mated to an Allison six-speed automatic transmission with power take-off (PTO) capability.
• The truck’s Dana-supplied axles will have capacities of 12,000 lbs. up front with a 19,000 lbs. rear suspension.
• Bridgestone or Continental 11R22.5 tires will be the standard offering on the 2018 FTR; fitted onto 22.5-in. × 8.25-in. steel wheels.
Isuzu added that FTR is slated to go into production at a new manufacturing facility in Charlotte, MI, in mid-2017.