Here’s a list of the top trucking-related news now trending on the Internet:
- Shannon Newton, newly-installed chief of the Arkansas Trucking Association, tells Arkansas Business that the U.S. public has a “blind spot” when it comes to how the industry affects standards of living across the nation.
- Technology is often performing in a “clutch role” for trucking firms these days, according to Crain’s Detroit Business.
- Food trucks are rapidly shedding their “roach coach” past to become purveyors of increasing “haute cuisine” according to The Boston Globe newspaper.
- The Northwestern profiles an Oshkosh, WI-based female truck driver who’s in the running for an annual “Top Rookie” award.
- Head-on collision between two freight trains rocks Arkansas, USA Today reports.
- Tractor-trailer hauling equipment for heavy metal band Motley Crue is involved in a fatal wreck, according to the Ultimate Classic Rock website.
- The Columbus Dispatch reports on a college team trying to set electric vehicle speed records.
- The New York Times reports that China is accusing Germany’s Mercedes Benz of anti-trust violations related to its sales and pricing schemes.
- A CNN reporter expresses his big kid-styled love of big trucks.