Human resources and compliance management software maker Compli is offering a three-part webinar series on best practices when hiring. The series is provided free of charge and is being produced in partnership with labor law firm Fisher & Phillips LLP.
The webinar series will focus on all aspects of the hiring process, including steps to take when preparing for hiring, the legal use of employee background checks during the hiring process and new-hire orientation and training best practices for those employees selected for hire.
The first webinar, set for Oct. 23, is titled “The First Step in Effective Hiring – Prepare!” Chris Hoffman, partner at Fisher & Phillips, will kick off the series with a discussion of what is needed before you hire an employee, including:
- Implementing and using appropriate employment applications
- Identifying the attributes of a successful candidate
- Conducting an effective interview
- Avoiding the legal landmines that litter the hiring process
The second webinar, “Check, Please! Legal Use of Employment Background Checks,” is set for Nov. 14. It will feature Steve Roppolo, partner at Fisher & Phillips, in a discussion on the proper use of employment screening tools. Roppolo will cover:
- Compliance with EEOC Enforcement Guidance on criminal background checks
- Avoiding negligent hiring claims
- Implementing a drug testing program
- Proper interviewing techniques
The final webinar in the series will take place on Dec. 6. Titled “Orientation & Training for New Employees: Setting the Table for Success,” this webinar feature Tim Scott, partner at Fisher & Phillips, discussing the best ways to get the most out of your new employees in order to minimize the chances that all of your hard work in selecting these individuals will be wasted.
To register for the entire free series, visit: http://www.compli.com/library/webinars