Elaine Papp, medical programs division chief of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, will be among the speakers at the second annual Truck Driver Social Media Convention to be held on Oct. 26-28 at Harrah’s Hotel in Kansas City, MO.
Hosts Allen and Donna Smith said the goal of last years’ first social media meeting to unite, inform, network and give voice to the professional driver proved to be a huge success as those within the trucking industry gathered together in order to support and listen to many of the issues being faced by drivers and the industry as a whole.
“Along with showing support for drivers, all attending learn the power of social media and the enormous impact that it can play when trying to achieve personal and business goals,” Smith said.
The theme of the 2012 convention is “Circle of Trust" as organizers said they “aim to attract and gather those who value honesty, transparency and integrity as the way to communicate and network with one another.”
The convention will include speaker presentations, two open panel Q&A sessions, buffets and break refreshments, a gala welcome reception on Friday night the 26th at Harrah’s famous VooDoo lounge, the “Jason Rivenburg: Making a Difference Award,” and over $5,000 in prizes donated by Cobra Electronics.
Topics and speakers include:
- Speaker Chris Voss, a social media leader recognized by Forbes, CNN, Huffington Post, Alltop and others
- CDL Training and the Truck Drivers Shortage presented by return speaker and regulatory expert Richards Wilson of Trans Products
- Trucking Employment Law presented by Paul Taylor of Truckers Justice Center
- Truck Driver Health presented by Rick Ash, chairman of the Trucking Solutions Group
- Human Trafficking Awareness presented by co-founder of Truckers Against Trafficking Kylla Leeburg
Returning emcee for the event will be Toby Bogard.
Trucking Social Media Convention sponsors this year include:
- Platinum Sponsor: Pilot/ Flying J Travel Centers/ Challenge Magazine
- Gold Sponsors: Hodyon-Dynasys APU and International
- Silver Sponsors: Trip Sheet Central, Lone Mountain Truck Leasing; Xata Corp.; Cobra Electronics; AirDock
- Bronze Sponsors: Transport Watch; Truck Drivers Money Saving Tips; TruckerToTrucker.com; OOIDA; IdleAir; Allen and Ayers Productions; Real Women In Trucking; KCTrucker.com; Trans Products and Services
Reservations for the 2012 Truck Driver Social Media Convention should be made early as seating is limited. To register online go to http://www.groupres.net/zcom/groupRes/Conference.do?compid=1103&groupid=546; or email Donna Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 352-465-7476. Registration for the event is $99, and does not include hotel costs.
Hotel reservations can be made by by calling Linda Person at 816-889-4203. For a discount, use group code S10TRUC.