The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration will hold a free public listening session on Friday, March 22, to solicit ideas and information on the issue of entry-level training for drivers of commercial motor vehicles.
Specifically, FMCSA is soliciting input on factors, issues, and data it should consider in anticipation of a rulemaking to implement the entry-level driver training provisions in the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act.
The webcast program will run from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. eastern daylight time.
Following is the agenda for the listening session:
- 1:00 - 1:10 p.m. — Opening statement by Anne Ferro, FMCSA Administrator. purpose of listening session, introduction of FMCSA representatives.
- 1:10 - 1:15 p.m. — Introduction by Maura Fitzpatrick, Facilitator. Discussion of ground rules and administrative details.
- 1:15 - 3:00 p.m. — Pre-scheduled comments by attendees; comments by registrants (facilitator will seek audience participation); comments from webcast audience presented by facilitator.
- 3:00 - 3:15 p.m. — Break.
- 3:15 - 4:50 p.m. — Continuation of public comments.
Pre-scheduled comments by attendees. NOTE: This commenting session will conclude early if the audience has no more comments to share.
- 4:50 - 5:00 p.m. — Closing remarks by Larry Minor, FMCSA Associate Administrator for Policy.
To register for this webcast, visit