Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp. (MFTBC) is consolidating its North American operations at Mitsubishi Fuso Truck of America (MFTA), based in Logan Township, NJ.

MFTA will now handle all brand-related operations, including vehicle sales, marketing, product applications, distribution, dealer relations and parts and service.

MFTA’s sales, marketing and distribution functions have been handled through the Sterling Trucks organization of Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) since January, but MFTA will regain control of the functions. DTNA announced in October that the Sterling brand will be shut down.

"Mitsubishi Fuso is focused on further developing the Mitsubishi Fuso brand in North America," said Kai-Uwe Seidenfuss, MFTBC vp of sales & service international. "We will continue to offer a line of well designed, fuel efficient trucks and back them with strong support and services. We would also like to thank our sister company Daimler Trucks North America for their stewardship of the Mitsubishi Fuso brand."

MFTBC is based in Kawasaki, Japan. Daimler AG, the parent company of Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), owns 85% of MFTBC shares, while the remaining 15% of shares are held by various Mitsubishi group companies.