Every year since 1983 Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has singled out four truck drivers for extraordinary behavior as they carried out routine driving duties. And now the company is looking for nominations for the 25th annual Goodyear North American Highway Hero Awards.
The criteria for the silver anniversary award nominations are:
- The person must be a full-time truck driver and a resident of the U.S. or Canada;
- The incident must have occurred in the U.S. or Canada;
- The driver must have been on the job, or on the way to or from work, and in their truck at the time of the incident;
- The driver’s truck must have had 14 wheels or more;
- The incident had to have taken place between Nov. 16, 2006 and Nov. 15, 2007.
All nominations for the awards must be submitted to Goodyear by Nov. 30. Details and nomination forms are available through the program’s web site, www.goodyear.com/truck/whatsnew/hero.html, or by calling the Highway Hero Hotline at 330-796-8183.