The Sheraton Inner Harbor in Baltimore, MD, will be the site for the International Conference on Commercial Driver Health and Wellness, sponsored by the Transportation Research Board.
The conference, to be held Nov. 8-10, will feature speakers, panel discussions, and educational sessions on driver health and wellness. Among the topics are:
- Research on the effects of health and wellness on commercial driver safety and performance
- Identification of the most serious health risks to drivers and employers
- Cost–benefit and return-on-investment analyses of health and wellness programs
- The impact of targeted or focused employee health and wellness initiatives
- Case studies and lessons, both positive and negative, for implementing health and wellness programs
- Best practices, positive elements of effective employee health and wellness programs, and pointers on effective implementation in large and small companies
- Instilling a health and wellness philosophy into the culture
The conference will include keynote addresses by leaders in commercial transportation and occupational health fields and presentations and discussion panels will be presented on nearly 40 peer-reviewed papers by experts in research and the practice of occupational health.