The Truckload Carriers Assn. (TCA) will host an audio conference addressing how to manage risk when purchasing fuel in a volatile energy market on Jan. 26 from 12 pm to 1:30 pm.
TCA said the conference will provide participants an opportunity to speak to experts who have successfully implemented financial tools and purchasing strategies to avoid buying high.
Topics will include:
- tools and terminologies to know
- how to assess risk (falling prices potentially put some carriers at a disadvantage)
- how to hedge with a fuel buying program
- how to cap future fuel purchase prices and protect investment in gallons purchased
- how to establish a fuel price window that protects profit margins