The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Admin. (FMCSA) has appointed five new members to its Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee (MCSAC) , a committee established by Congress in 2006 to provide the agency with advice and recommendations on motor carrier safety programs and regulations.
The five new MCSAC members are:
- Robert Abbott, vp-safety policy, American Trucking Assns. (ATA)
- Paul Claunch, Major, Arkansas Highway Police
- Henry Jasny, vp and senior counsel, Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety
- Janice Mulanix, Asst. Chief, California Highway Patrol
- Calvin Studivant, motorcoach driver, Community Coach, Inc.
“MCSAC is a vital resource for bringing a full and broad range of safety ideas to the table,” said Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood in a statement. “These individuals are committed to the challenge of reducing, and ultimately eliminating, fatal crashes involving large trucks and buses. I thank them for their service to our county.”
Composed of 19 members overall, MCSAC includes representatives from national safety organizations, the trucking and bus industries, state law enforcement agencies, labor unions, and the commercial insurance sector, said FMCSA Administrator Anne Ferro
“They also symbolize the critical necessity of everyone coming together to move our safety-first mission forward,” Ferro noted. “Their work is helping to save lives every day.”