Bison Transport US, Cargo Transporters, and CLI Transport were named 2012 ATA President’s Trophy winners by the American Trucking Assns.’(ATA) Safety Management Council at its Safety & Human Resources National Conference & Exhibition in Kansas City, MO, last week.
The President’s Trophy recognizes companies whose fleets have been judged to have the best overall safety programs from the Truck & Industrial Safety Contests. These contests judge motor carriers from across the U.S. on their safety accomplishments and safety records relative to others within their operation type and size, ATA said.
2012 ATA President’s Trophy (Sponsored by: Great West Casualty Company)
- Large fleet winner (over 100 million miles annually): Bison Transport US, Winnipeg, Canada
- Mid-size fleet winner (between 25-100 million miles annually): Cargo Transporters, Inc., Claremont, NC
- Small fleet winner (under 25 million miles annually): CLI Transport, LLC, Claysburg, PA.
Other award winners:
- ATA National Driver of the Year (Sponsored by: Custard Insurance Adjusters): Ronald Fuller, Central Freight Lines, Dallas, TX.
- National Safety Director of the Year (Sponsored by: Great West Casualty Company): Bob Petrancosta, Con-way Freight, Ann Arbor, MI.
- National Safety Professional Award of Excellence (Sponsored by:Meritor Wabco): James Ransom, CDS, Director of Safety, Boyd Brothers Transportation, Inc., Clayton, AL; David Guess, CDS, Usher Transport, Louisville, KY; and Tom DiSalvi, CDS, Schneider National Carriers, Green Bay, WI.
- Excellence in Safety (Sponsored by: Great West Casualty Company): Tennessee Trucking Assn.
- Excellence in Human Resource Management (Sponsored by: eScreen): Covenant Transport, Chattanooga, TN.