The Truckload Carriers Assn. is sponsoring a webinar — A Proactive Approach to Strengthening Your Safety Program — designed to help carriers improve their Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) scores. The webinar is scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 21, from noon to 1:30 p.m. ET.
Allan Hicks, vice president of B.R. Williams Trucking Inc., will demonstrate how parts of the Safety Management Cycle can be used to help carrier managers recognize weaknesses in their internal safety practice and fortify the safety management system.
Benefits of this approach include:
- Implementing a simplified and structured way to address CSA scores
- Providing a company a way to address weaknesses in its internal safety practices
- Helping a company go beyond compliance
- Relating CSA scores to your operation
- Helping build a plan to strengthen a company's safety management system
The parts of Safety Management Cycle used are:
- Policies and Procedures
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Qualifications and Hiring
- Training and Communication
- Monitoring and Track Date
- Meaningful Action
Moderator for the webinar is David Heller, TCA director of safety.
Cost for the webinar for TCA members is $169 or $248 for access to the live event on Feb. 21 and the recorded program for one year. For non-TCA members, cost is $219 or $328 for access to the live event on Feb. 21 and the recorded program for one year.
For more information and to register visit http://tca.truckload.org/scripts/4Disapi.dll/events/becoming-a-best-fleet-to-drive-for/200/.