Map maker Rand McNally noted that its TND 760 and TruckPC in-cab mobile communication devices are now certified and integrated with two applications from TMW Systems, providing TMW customers with what the two firms call “ready access” to Rand McNally’s suite of navigation products.
The TMW certified integration pulls critical data from Rand McNally’s in-cab systems via Rand McNally Connect software to enable a variety of services:
- Automated and standardized driver daily workflows;
- Notification of vehicle arrival and departure via Rand McNally’s automated geofencing capability;
- Integrated turn-by-turn navigation, provided by Rand McNally’s IntelliRoute TND GPS software;
- Automatically linked information – such as bill of lading numbers – from one form to another further simplifying the driver experience;
- Integrating hours of service (HOS) information into load planning and dispatching operations.
“Having a certified solution with TMW’s enterprise transportation management systems enables customers to confidently integrate the benefits of mobile communication, award winning navigation and fleet management,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.