Truck-Lite Co., LLC has implemented an online series of technical courses as part of its new Truck-Lite Training Institute (TTI) program.
The company says the “first-of-its-kind program offers web-based lessons that educate distributors, technicians and fleet personnel who sell, use, and maintain equipment with Truck-Lite products.”
Truck-Lite said that by taking advantage of TTI, the user can obtain the most up-to-date knowledge of ongoing advancements in the technological world of heavy-duty lighting and visibility systems.
The program consists of training modules focused on product knowledge, technical expertise, diagnostics, and systems solutions.
The "Lighting and Harness" module is the first to launch.
This series includes the following courses:
- Basics in Electricity: Covers definitions, major concepts, wire calculations and voltage drops
- Lighting Evolution: Offers a walk through time; teaches the origin of Truck-Lite, the evolution of bulb-replaceable, sealed, LED lighting, and return on investment
- Lighting Fundamentals: Describes why lights fail, troubleshooting failures, tips to prolong lighting life, and product pitfalls
- LED Lighting Performance: Explains popular lighting terms and definitions and the best method for measurement of LED lighting
- Harness Fundamentals: Articulates harness basics and color codes, explores methods for diagnosing failures and shows proven repair methods
- Regulations and Questions: Outlines Federal lighting requirements, SAE ID codes, and common legal questions
Each module concludes with a short test, ranging from 10 to 30 minutes in length. Once a user has successfully completed all the courses, they will be awarded with a certificate of completion and a promotional incentive.
Trainees can access TTI courses at www.truck-lite.com/tti via desktops, tablets and mobile devices.
Truck-Lite noted that no software needs to be installed and there is nothing to download--all that's needed is access to the Internet.