XRS Corp. has added Trip Management, automated IFTA filing and other upgrades to its mobile trucking intelligence solutions. The release includes many valuable portal, mobile, web service and integration advancements that dramatically improve compliance readiness, performance measurement and overall effectiveness of operational monitoring, XRS said.
“XRS users are already redefining the industry in how they interact with customers, improving the overall experience and building unique methods to differentiate their services using smartphones and tablets,” said Brendan Reidy, president, COO and CTO for XRS. “These new and enhanced offerings from XRS are yet another way that fleets can easily improve levels of customer service, help drivers meet tight delivery schedules and give fleet managers the data they need to cost effectively manage their businesses.”
Trip Management is a set of capabilities used to manage trip-based workflows and the unique reporting needs for fleets that run regular routes. The functionality was built to give fleets the data needed to enhance driver productivity and customer service, maximize asset utilization, slash costs, and deliver when expected. XRS Trip Management imports routes from third-party routing packages, creates routes from scratch, and processes planned vs. actual data as a route is completed. The XRS mobile app gives detailed insight into stops and activities, providing an easy way to capture progress and delivery information as driver’s progress through their day.
Also, XRS automatically detects jurisdiction crossings and generates data for meeting quarterly International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) requirements. Beyond simple data collection and reporting, XRS provides a vastly simplified “print, sign, send” service for 45 of 48 U.S. IFTA reporting states and all Canadian provinces, putting data into official state forms and freeing fleets from time-consuming paperwork, the company noted. This capability streamlines the entire IFTA filing process, while providing a detailed data trail to ensure compliance and preparation in case of audit.
The updated FLX Forms process for creating two-way structured communication between dispatch and driver is now even more flexible. When adding a new form message, intuitive options give more configuration power to the designer. This release adds easier steps for form organization, field grouping, field repetition and overall layout and design configuration. Drivers can quickly and easily capture signatures, pictures, and delivery information using their smartphone, tablets, or rugged hand devices.
Additional enhancements include:
- Additional French and Spanish language support in mobile interfaces for ESL drivers
- Improved reliability and scalability to the XRS cloud-based infrastructure
- Faster overall performance, with an emphasis on accelerated report generation
- Reduced time to apply driver log edits and unassigned vehicle activity
- Improved ability to manage large file imports such as site imports or fuel files
- Improvements to optimize driver experience on the XRS mobile application on both Android and Windows devices
- An enhanced driver payroll report with variance highlighting and additional activity data
- Improvements to over speed event alert formatting
- A driver log web service enabling integration with driver log events, duty status changes, annotations, vehicle associations, and other driver log data