Ryder System has announced the next generation of its onboard telematics system RydeSmart. RydeSmart 3.0 has been enhanced to provide greater usability and vehicle intelligence, Ryder said.
Delivered as a Software-as-a-Service product, RydeSmart 3.0 is a full-featured GPS fleet location, tracking, and vehicle performance management system. It is offered to all of Ryder’s full-service lease customers.
The unit is mounted in the vehicle and connects to existing computer and diagnostics systems, communicating wirelessly via a secure web-based application accessible by fleet managers.
Features of the system include:
· Improved user interface for easier navigation around the system with fewer mouse clicks.
· Enhanced mapping capability for faster transitions between maps, improved detail, and a “bird’s eye view” of tracked vehicles with the ability to obtain a street-level perspective.
· Multi-vehicle following & route tracing allows users to follow multiple vehicles simultaneously and trace their routes traveled on the map.
· Vehicle history playback shows a vehicle’s 48-hour history and includes a slider with play and pause options.
· Traffic monitoring of traffic conditions is available in real-time, with four color codes representing traffic intensity.
· Analytic reporting capability provides extensive fleet, safety, and travel data for vehicles.
“The expanded analytics, improved mapping, and new interface of RydeSmart 3.0 will provide fleet managers with greater visibility and easier-to-use navigation,” said John Gleason, senior vice president of sales & marketing, Ryder Fleet Management Solutions. “Because RydeSmart is a turnkey solution, companies leasing from Ryder will not have to worry about investing in the equipment, maintaining it, or learning how to use it. Ryder has already done the work for them and simply walks them through the process of using RydeSmart to manage their fleets more effectively.”
Launched in 2007, RydeSmart offers lease customers data such as vehicles location, mileage, speed, and direction, as well as idle time, fuel consumption, average speed, miles logged, and hard braking events. It can also help fleets manage regulatory compliance through paperless trip reporting for interstate fuel tax calculations and hours-of-service eLogs, reports, alerts, and audits for drivers.